Friday, February 4, 2011

Introducing...

AntiFarm-Boy
Grew up in agricultural epicenter of nowhere. As I understand it, their main crop is grass. Like "can my little brother mow your grass cuz he needs something to do this summer" grass. He can drive a tractor, ride a horse, shoot a gun, fish a river, dig a post hole, arc-weld, brand a calf, prune a fruit tree, trap an aphid, milk a cow... He hates country music. He's into techno. And technology. He likes knowing things no one else does. He's ridiculously observant. He tracks unusual looking cars around town. He knows how to work hard, and does. Except in school. He falls asleep if he sits for longer than 20 minutes, unless there is an active screen in front of him. He blows things up with xbox controllers and rifles and gasoline. He writes poetry. He cooks steak. And cake. Or really he just eats cake batter raw. And fish raw. Usually when the fish is wrapped in seaweed. He's incredibly ticklish in his armpits, so he's usually pretty safe in tickle-torture fights. He's undyingly loyal. To his work, to his school, to his family, to me. He does not have have eyes like the seas before a storm, nor does he say "as you wish" to my every command. But he doesn't need those to love me.

HotChocolate
From the cultural epicenter of just about nowhere. The main culture is LDS. Like "there are two young men in suits and ties on my doorstep," LDS. I can drive a stick-shift, write a paper, shoot a marshmallow blow gun, fish for compliments, dig myself into a hole, arc-nothing, denigrate a brand name, prune when I stay too long in a tub, trap your thumb when i challenge you to a thumb war, and milk it for all it's worth. I love most music. I listen to folk music when I study. And I study lots. Sometimes it seems like school was the only thing I was ever good at, and then I get into another semester. Case in point, I came up for the idea for this blog's title while I was pretending to do homework on facebook while chatting with a friend who had relationship problems. So, that's probably why the title is so bizarre. In my defense, I made myself finish the homework before I started writing. Six hours later... I wish I was kidding. I'm really not. I run off on random tangents. I run. When it's warm outside, so that probably won't happen again until June. And then I'll stop running because it's too hot to run outside. I cook. I make up recipes off the top of my head. And then I eat. Not my head, the food I cook. Speaking of food, I do not have hair the color of butter. Or buttercups. But it is the color of chocolate. And Anti-FarmBoy thinks I'm hot. Did I mention that he's visually impaired?

Either way, between the two of us we complement each other where we're different, and we're alike enough to make things even. And we have this funny little thing where we're in love.

Death cannot stop TRUE LOVE, all it can do is delay it for a while.
~The Princess Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment